BlackBerry Bold 9930, BlackBerry Torch 2, Sony Xperia Mini Pro & Mini Ray FCC Filings = Release Dates Soon?
FCC Filings usually indicate a release date anywhere from a few weeks to a month away. We’ve seen the release for the HTC EVO 3D about a month after passing the FCC and a similar time frame for other smartphones. Here are some recent FCC filings that may indicate that these BlackBerry and Xperia smartphones are going to be released soon.
- BlackBerry Bold 9930 -Features of the BlackBerry 9930 include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC (Near Field Communications), microSD slot, 5MP camera, 768MB of RAM, 8GB onboard memory, and a 1230mAh battery. It runs BlackBerry OS 7. The FCC filing shows it to be a GSM CDMA world phone.
BlackBerry Torch 2 - Latest rumors suggest a September AT&T release date. FCC filing shows support for AT&T bandwidth and HSPA+.
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro - The FCC filing shows frequencies for 900/2100MHz that only work in Europe. It is a slider QWERTY Android 2.3 Gingerbread smartphone with 3-inch touchscreens, PlayNow service, Sony Ericsson Music Player, TrackID music recognition, 5MP camera, 3D games, FM radio, BPS, DLNA, Wi-Fi, and a 1200mAh battery.
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray - The Xperia Ray has a 3.3-inch (854×480) HD Bravia touchscreen, 8.1-megapixel camera, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, aGPS and support for the North American 3G bands. The FCC filing shows support for GSM (850 & 1900) frequencies.
- Sony Ericsson Will Launch Xperia Mini and Mini Pro in Australia Soon
- New BlackBerry Torch 9860, Torch 9810, Bold 9900 and Curve 9360 to be launched by Bell soon
- BlackBerry Torch 2 slides through the FCC, bound for AT&T?
- The BlackBerry Bold 9900 will be launched in a month claims RIM’s Co-CEO
- BlackBerry Bold 9900 hinted for August